Hey there, I’m building a concrete nipple/pump bump at my house & figured I want it symmetrical so constructed a crude rotating aluminum pipe screed, figuring it should all work in theory but wondering if anyone done anything similar & of any problems in doing it this way. Pouring it this weekend so figured I’d put it out there for any useful hints or tips. Thanks
Check it out on Backyard Skatepark
Confusion has simple but rad little plan for recycling an old skateboard into a concrete float. You can use the float to make more things to skate on, to wear out more skateboards, to make more concrete floats, to make more things to skate on…
Bryan from right here in S&A’s back yard sent in some pictures of a ramp he built in his garage.
Longtime reader here, just got back from Afghan and finished up the last corner of my garage ramp. Two main sides are 6ft radius and 4ft and 7.5 ft tall, house door side is 4.5ft radius and 2ft tall and garage door side is 3ft radius with 6.5ft tall near-vert wall. The newest corner has a 1ft tall roll-up to 4ft radius quarter to wall ride. The corner at the base of the 7.5ft tall section is a compound curve-based hip.
Looks pretty excellent. What are you using on that top layer?
Let’s see… got an axe to grind? Want to throw down a few hammers? Tools with handles made from used skateboards and tennis racquets! Some of them are quite beautiful. Get yours modestly priced at Copemans Corner.
- Thanks to Rich for the tip.
The Kings Highway DIY project in St Louis is scheduled to be torn down within a year as the 76 year old bridge overhead is being demolished. KHVT (Kingshighway Vigilante Transitions 501c3) organizers are working with the city to fundraise and sanction the first public free skatepark in the city.
To ensure that the skateboarders of St. Louis will still have a place to skate, KHVT must act quickly. We are working closely with St. Louis City’s Land Re-utilization Authority (LRA) to find small, unused city owned properties to be transformed into free, public “skate gardens.”
As of now, KHVT is $33,000 short of the $50k they need to build this first spot. And that’s where the Kickstarter campaign comes in.
Randy has asked me to post stuff to Skate and Annoy for a while, and I’ve always been a big fan, so I figured it was about time we get started. So, he said why not start off with an introduction. Well, who the Fuck is Jim Gray?
If you care, I’m a guy who was sitting on the deck watching when Tony Hawk and Christian Hosoi win contests and I got 29th and was stoked to get a good seat on the deck to watch the finals. I’m the guy who thought it would be really lame and confusing if skateboarding had 500 pro models instead of 50, and I think it is, maybe you think it’s awesome. I am the kook who showed up in white plaid shorts and blue shoes to the black clothing only backyard pool party. I’m loved, I’m hated, I’m everything in between, but like you I have an opinion, and for some unknown reason, Randy thought it would be fun to have me rattle mine off now and then here on S&A.
My daddy always told me opinions are like Assholes, everyone has one, some just stink more than others…… So, whether you love mine or think it stinks, life goes on, deal with it. You always have the right to tell me what I kook I am and talk shit about me, but I ask one thing, if you are gonna talk shit, use your real name like a real man. I hate when toughboy29 talks smack, but if Jack Mehoff wants to say you’re a dick Jim Gray, I say bring it.
I started riding one of these little wooden contraptions when I was around 10, and at 50 I’ve never stopped not even for a little bit so that makes about 40 years or rolling, manufacturing, competing, sponsoring, schmoozing, fighting, taking pictures, fighting to get skateparks built, judging contests, shooting video, etc…… so what you will see from me when I get to it (I do drift off quite often—so don’t wait around), is pictures and stories of things I like, hate, support, want to blow up, think you should see, want to make you see, etc……
Love me or hate me Randy gave me my own password, so Howdy People, welcome to February 23, 2013.. Jim Gray day at Skate and Annoy… haha…
Down in the basement! Although if this was in my basement it would be a different story. Check out this incredibly tight (transitioned) mini bowl in Nate Latimer’s basement.
Betonhausen is A D.I.Y. spot in Berlin funded by c-list energy drink. (But really, is there anything as an grade A energy drink?) It has an outdoor part that looks like it served as the concrete college. Check it out. They’ve added an indoor part as well, 3 videos after the jump. The best video in the series is part two, which features the construction, including huge chunks of styrofoam sculpted in place and used instead of fill dirt.
- despartelyseekingloosin : who is doin the Coos Bay addition?
- kevin : and it came out pretty smooth with very little imperfections . we just used mag trowels then a finishing trowel with a sprinkle of water. i am...
- Red : they are saving you from yourself.
- swelbow : Haha ya. someone should sue the crap out of them because they broke their left cheek trying to sit on a bench with a spike...
- Bevilacqua : Another casus belli coming from perfid Albion ? We shall reject this ridiculous provocation with disdain... pff !
- kevin : i want it . kermy goes skating
- kevin : here is the same story , the rain never lets up it has been rainning 5 days out of seven. i will send randy the...
- zeno01 : Oooof dah!
- Animal Testicles : ...cuz he COULDN'T go courtin', cuz he dunt have a unit.
- wes : i am so into Golden Showers!
- conahan : Carlsbad mogul field!
- backyardskatepark : awesome, thanks Kevin, lets see a finished pic of it...started to pour it today & got rained off, need to call it in the next...
- colin : This is awesome!
- Billy Bones : If you can find one in Portland I think you'd win the Skavenger Hunt.
- Jake(and annoy) : That is because it is priceless.
- spurr : I know what kilwag's getting for fathers day!
- backyardskatepark : Cheers guys, ampt on pouring it tomorrow, funnily enough i had a former schmitt stix/the new deal pro vert rider randomly turn up to check...
- K.C. : Brad Dorfman from Vision picked up a ton of these ridiculous, cheap ass Chinese completes aka (Dog Cheese) for under $5 a board back in...
- corvette cancer : Hot Flat work!!! I don't get it, did a california skate park crew come up with this? Ouch! Evergreen nice try. I'm going south to...
- corvette cancer : Man, that makes me want to put, that one Hosoi deck together I have in a box somewhere.
- kevin : great pic , and what a nice guy . i had the honour of skating with him at lances pool. epic time
- francisco : Awesome!
- freezine : I like the video delay on the jumbotrons! Lorrie takes great photos!
- kevin : it works great i used a piece of plywood 5/8 thick and made a guide instead of a pipe. once the concrete stars to dry ,and...
- Joshua : The wheels that came with never coned despite the relentless sliding I did,they were indestructable! I wish I had a set now.
- Joshua : My first brand new board was a Dog Cheese, white with orange ribs,stop bubble,etc. At second grade i was getting to the top of a...
- Brad : Would love a shot at that Grosso if u decide to take offers.
- MC : I wonder if "empty pool" will be on the list.
- cretecult : Grosso should be getting money for that!
- Heath : Ripskopp
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business