This quick sketch from Blockhead artist Ron Cameron shows the best way to shoot a board at home. Ron is working on a book and sent me this so I could photograph a super nice and rare Blockhead deck I found in an old toy store in Belgium last year. The method works just fine and is tested and approved by Sean Cliver himself.
An ice cream cake in the freezer at a Portland area Dairy Queen.
Sir? What are you doing? Can I help you with that?
No Sir, I ‘m afraid I can’t let you take the top off unless you are going to buy it.
I’m going to have to ask you to leave, Sir.
I’ve been told this commercial airs on TV but so far I haven’t seen it. Donny sent me a phone cam capture, and Simon Woodstock found it on YouTube. Ray Barbee in a Just for Men commercial after the jump.
Salon.com has an article on why ESPN’s efforts birng the X Games to a worldwide audience aren’t as successful as they’d like. Are the unsuccessful? I’m not sure. Are you paying attention? That’s the main part of the article.
Essentially, what ESPN seems to miss, is that that the statement “I am a skateboarder” is a far different one than “I am a basketball player”.
The author Matt Reevy get’s it. There’s are a couple good quotes in there (like this post title) that sum it up pretty well. I guess my mission here at S&A is finished.
Denver the Last Dinosaur is possibly one of the best bad cartoon relics out there. Basically, a dinosaur egg hatches, and hangs out with kids skateboarding, riding BMX and sort of communicating in a more subdued Scooby Doo style. The animation is horrible, I swear it approaches 5 frames a second. The voiceover is what makes this cartoon enjoyable/eardrum piercing. The character actors are awful. It’s like listening to somebody do a really bad impersonation Jeff Spicoli, for 20 minutes… The series started in 1988 and ran for two years, so that was right at the tail end of the California craze. There’s an episode called Venice Beach Blast where part of the gang gets hassled for skating on the bike path. The authority figure (Is he a cop or a security guard? He looks like a Forest Ranger.) explains that the community got the signatures together to get skating banned and the bike path built. Now you think this would would turn into a civics lesson that ends with a skateboard park being built, but it doesn’t. The skaters in the crew turn against their biking brothers and go renegade. There’s a lot of whining (almost life real life), radical moves and slams. The whole thing wraps up in about 30 seconds with an explanation of some action that happened off camera. Basically, the city lets the kids skate in part of an unused parking lot, and everyone is happy. It’s massively weak, but the script and character actors make it entertaining, like a train wreck. Video, promotional stills and sarcasm after the jump.
- Thanks to Seth Levy for the tip.
- Jerry Dammers : I won't comment, on a site like this. All the girls on Friday T&A are sluts, and Neil's beer tastes just like piss.
- Peter Parker : Paralyze this: How are the lil bastards ever gonna get it sorted if they're being taught that a "U" shaped ramp is a half-pipe...
- freezine : When the unconventional host conventions!
- Chris J : I have one in Nottingham UK I'm looking to sell. Its in good condition and i'm planning sell on ebay. I'll stick the link on...
- kilwag : One of my favorites. Didn't see this coming. Modern coping trends and Sizing your death box... love it.
- Craig : Hey. Please have Oldfartsk8r contact me. I want to see if he has a better scan than I do of the Solid Surf flier. Urgent....
- Bevilacqua : cave canem. Is it a BDS ?
- Bevilacqua : hilarious - but I wouldn't recommend it for immature readers.
- David ODK : Found it in Oostduinkerke.
- David ODK : Haha! Thanks for the tip, but it's just grass ...
- MC : Cool diagram, he forgot "photoshop out stray pubic hairs."
- talentlessquitter : "...in an old toy store in Belgium..." WHAT!?! Haha, too bad I didn't score this one. Great looking board.
- spurr : I enjoy kilwags barbecue ,neils beer is always cold and mcs burgers are tasty and free . I thank you for sharing your...
- houseofneil : I agree MC. here's the way I like to look at it. Kilwag has organized a free bbq. MC and I provide some of the...
- SimonWoodstock : Spotters fee $50
- MR. X : Awesome!
- Jake(and annoy) : You Blockhead!
- Grover : SiR you can buY The cake and then return it sir if it is not to your liking sir.Sir I do not BELIEVE YOU ARE...
- francisco : I un-purposefully scrolled down just enough to cut off the top of the F...I read "Champions of racial hair" and quickly scrolled back up to...
- Heath : Just to point out the obvious, the comic is called "Hopeless Old Men On Skateboards." Regardless of opinions of content, the title states the...
- septik kilt : fuck my life
- Bozo Texino : Without critical thinking, there is no art. Without art, there is no critical thinking.
- Fitz : I do recall that. Hilarious and sad, all at once.
- Fitz : Another excellent point. I try to remember not to post it if I won't say it to somebody directly. I may be an exception in...
- talentlessquitter : Hahaha, seriously? Well, in all fairness, you opened the package of a food-item.
- jkp : I could see Ray doing this anyway. Always liked that guy.
- conahan : I think it's internet forums. Why is that? Most people are decent enough in person.
- ShawnF : Damn skip out reading the comments for a day or so and look at what I missed. Too bad someone did not try to...
- Gavin : Keep pre-cast out of everywhere! I have an open invitation to anyone considering building anything but a skatepark built by craftsman who actually skate to...
- houseofneil : so you're the content editor? Who gave you that job? Yes, you could give your opinion, (running the risk of MC just saying "fuck it"...
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business