Here’s three vintage Levi’s print ads from the 70′s. The one on the right is from Salvador Dali’s brief, unpublicized performance art piece where he worked as commercial artist in various ad agencies. Yes, I am making this up.
This is a fake Schmitt Stix ‘Totem’ complete. The original graphic from 1986 was designed by John Lucero and is pretty rare. This fake one sold on eBay for £6,23 after 6 bids, a complete bargain!
Thanks to John William Davies for the tip and Chandra Ruegg for the pictures.
Bali Batik Boyshort from Sweet Cheeks, a company that isn’t designed to give dudes a reason to photograph girls in their underwear, it’s run by two time Olympic medalist snowboarder Hannah Teter. Sure, you may have seen her in a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, but she’s also a social activist. At least 40% of each panty sold by Sweet Cheeks is given to charity. Above, that’s Burton team rider Gabi Viteri. Sweet Cheeks is based in Portland BTW.
- Thanks to Joey for the tip.
Some really fun session footage in the dessert of Moab. I swear I’ve referenced the old Element Skateboards (I think ) advert of someone skating on the rocks in the desert before, but I can’t find it on S&A anywhere. I can’t even remember who it was. I want to say Danny Way, but that doesn’t seem right (Becasueit isn’t right, thanks to Brock and Scotty who pointed out is was in fact Jeremy Wray.) Anyone out there remember who it was? In any case, check out this video from Loaded. Everyone likes to go on and on about ditch skating, but there’s skating on natural ditches in here that looks excellent. In fact, so much of the terrain looks excellent, as long as you have big soft wheels. After you’re done with this video, check out some natural rock terrain skating that you’ve probably never seen before over on Negative Ion, just scroll left when you get there.
SFGate has posted some pictures in a feature called Four decades of skateboarding in San Francisco. It’s part of their Let’s Go to the Morgue! series where they dig up old photographs from the San Francisco Chronicle. Better versions of the picture, along with a little commentary are on the SFGate blog. The earliest photo dates back to 1964, and the last one is from 1994.
Literally! This is a skate-curb made by Would Shop skates for an event Slappy Slaughter held by Pink Widow Distribution. You could be riding on it as a skateboard while someone else rode a skateboard on it simultaneously. Am I blowing your mind? There’s not any info about the event online, but I think it took place last weekend. I contacted them on Facebook but haven’t heard back yet. In any case, this is a photo from B.J. Morrill.
Mexico City. Some ancient and not so ancient spots, a lot of finger flips, varials, wall plants of various types, and even some freestyle. (Dave Campbell, pay attention to the 1 minute mark.) It’s all one guy who goes by the name of Salchicha Perro, AKA Wiener Dog. Apparently even his mom calls him that.
- Thanks to John Aguilar for the tip.
Pursuitist.com profiles a house in Tokyo, Japan with a cement bowl of sorts that looks like it was added after the fact. I can appreciate the thought, but not so much the execution.
- Thanks to Danimal for the tip.
- cat box: Hello there, I discovered your blog by the use of Google while looking for a similar matter, your site got here up, it appears good....
- Jason Parkes: "California was a jewish area" Sure certain areas. In SD, La Jolla is 'their' primary kingdom. But in SD, City Heights is 'my' hood &...
- Starr Rader: If you are going for most excellent contents like I do, only visit this web page daily as it gives quality contents, thanks
- Brock75: Nice improvements! I rode that once, or at least attempted to. It was the worst skatepark that I have ridden to date.
- Prickly Pete: Team Nolder?
- talentlessquitter: I found one on ebay a few months ago, in even more vibrant colors. Nice one.
- barrelman: http://wackyboards.blogspot.com.es/2009/07/groundsurf.html
- barrelman: This company only wants money, they suck
- Heath: Shredders!
- Scotty: Kid in the Thrasher shirt is a ripper!!
- Mike: Skateboarder did one with jaws on the cover a while back kf in utah
- JRoscoe: I had this deck as a 10 year old skater living in Dover, Delaware. I think I bought it originally from the local skate shop...
- Troy: Is this really Ricky? What up with you? and where's Bio now? When I moved to SC in '85 Bio Bob was the local skate...
- Ricky stiles: That board is a pure go skate, skateshop board. This shop was that sick they had there own boards and roders. They had everything. Better...
- skaterdave: Hoooorayyy!
- warehouse: i was there 2 years ago and heard this was going to happen. Looks like a thing of beauty
- Omar: I thought California was a jewish area .why do they have christmas?
- talentlessquitter: Nice moves MC!
- Bevilacqua: in the middle of our street ?
- SimonWoodstock: Ha! I actually know this guy. He has better skate skills than Lil Wayne mos def..
- talentlessquitter: Can't believe I just sat through that crap. I miss Yo! MTV Raps.
- Zach V: Love the reissues....wish they were more clearly marked to sort out which is which. They never bothered to make die cuts available. To me that...
- SimonWoodstock: As much as I wish I did a trick like that, I actually never did... sounds sick though!
- SimonWoodstock: I would like to ride for Zero.. can you hook it up??
- SimonWoodstock: I still have a pair that I skate in. The best thing about having a pro shoe is you get to design it exactly how...
- SimonWoodstock: We were kind of bummed because we looked all over Austin for a mechanical bull and couldn't find one anywhere. After about 3 hours we...
- wes: i cant wait to get back to town...
- kevin: i agree , best thing out there . keep it up . i would gladly pay for it
- Smakutus: I'm the one that sold that red bug.. I sold a nicer green one that was also pictured in the ebay auction for $1500 off...
- sabonis: haha nobody got rid of me... after 7 leg surgeries i`m still skatin lines and hittin my grinds! oh and if you have to pretend...
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Search Skate and Annoy - Daily
Search in Features, Ebay Watch, GVK...
Search in Galleries
This is none of your business