This quick sketch from Blockhead artist Ron Cameron shows the best way to shoot a board at home. Ron is working on a book and sent me this so I could photograph a super nice and rare Blockhead deck I found in an old toy store in Belgium last year. The method works just fine and is tested and approved by Sean Cliver himself.
An ice cream cake in the freezer at a Portland area Dairy Queen.
Sir? What are you doing? Can I help you with that?
No Sir, I ‘m afraid I can’t let you take the top off unless you are going to buy it.
I’m going to have to ask you to leave, Sir.
I’ve been told this commercial airs on TV but so far I haven’t seen it. Donny sent me a phone cam capture, and Simon Woodstock found it on YouTube. Ray Barbee in a Just for Men commercial after the jump.
Salon.com has an article on why ESPN’s efforts birng the X Games to a worldwide audience aren’t as successful as they’d like. Are the unsuccessful? I’m not sure. Are you paying attention? That’s the main part of the article.
Essentially, what ESPN seems to miss, is that that the statement “I am a skateboarder” is a far different one than “I am a basketball player”.
The author Matt Reevy get’s it. There’s are a couple good quotes in there (like this post title) that sum it up pretty well. I guess my mission here at S&A is finished.
- Bozo Texino : It's acceptable because your art isn't amazing just because you made it, and to belive so is arrogant. Learn to accept some criticism--it improves your...
- Other Grover : NAH GROVER
- Other Grover : Very lame park. Bad flow and all around shit park. Evergreen ya blew it with this one. My opinion, my spew, suck it shit holes
- Jerry Dammers : I won't comment, on a site like this. All the girls on Friday T&A are sluts, and Neil's beer tastes just like piss.
- Peter Parker : Paralyze this: How are the lil bastards ever gonna get it sorted if they're being taught that a "U" shaped ramp is a half-pipe...
- freezine : When the unconventional host conventions!
- Chris J : I have one in Nottingham UK I'm looking to sell. Its in good condition and i'm planning sell on ebay. I'll stick the link on...
- kilwag : One of my favorites. Didn't see this coming. Modern coping trends and Sizing your death box... love it.
- Craig : Hey. Please have Oldfartsk8r contact me. I want to see if he has a better scan than I do of the Solid Surf flier. Urgent....
- Bevilacqua : cave canem. Is it a BDS ?
- Bevilacqua : hilarious - but I wouldn't recommend it for immature readers.
- David ODK : Found it in Oostduinkerke.
- David ODK : Haha! Thanks for the tip, but it's just grass ...
- MC : Cool diagram, he forgot "photoshop out stray pubic hairs."
- talentlessquitter : "...in an old toy store in Belgium..." WHAT!?! Haha, too bad I didn't score this one. Great looking board.
- spurr : I enjoy kilwags barbecue ,neils beer is always cold and mcs burgers are tasty and free . I thank you for sharing your...
- houseofneil : I agree MC. here's the way I like to look at it. Kilwag has organized a free bbq. MC and I provide some of the...
- SimonWoodstock : Spotters fee $50
- MR. X : Awesome!
- Jake(and annoy) : You Blockhead!
- Grover : SiR you can buY The cake and then return it sir if it is not to your liking sir.Sir I do not BELIEVE YOU ARE...
- francisco : I un-purposefully scrolled down just enough to cut off the top of the F...I read "Champions of racial hair" and quickly scrolled back up to...
- Heath : Just to point out the obvious, the comic is called "Hopeless Old Men On Skateboards." Regardless of opinions of content, the title states the...
- septik kilt : fuck my life
- Bozo Texino : Without critical thinking, there is no art. Without art, there is no critical thinking.
- Fitz : I do recall that. Hilarious and sad, all at once.
- Fitz : Another excellent point. I try to remember not to post it if I won't say it to somebody directly. I may be an exception in...
- talentlessquitter : Hahaha, seriously? Well, in all fairness, you opened the package of a food-item.
- jkp : I could see Ray doing this anyway. Always liked that guy.
- conahan : I think it's internet forums. Why is that? Most people are decent enough in person.
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business