This “LRT” vinyl figure is from Futurist. I don’t get the aesthetic that they are going for with this guy and the accompanying shirts and skateboards. It is sort of reminiscent of Fisher Price Little People. Last Re-Tweet? I must not be the target demographic.
So, yeah. Errr…. Uhm. Yeah. Somebody wanted this mohair monkey doll enough to cough up $21.61 after a tiny monkey sized bidding war. Also, if you’re in the market, that weird rabbit with the spinning umbrella hat is back.
Balsa Wood Toys sells wooden toys, kits, and clocks. This skateboarder kit is actually made from pine. Turn the hand crank and his knees bend and the board shuffles. It’s a fun item, but I can’t get behind the $30 price and the fact that the skateboarder is riding backwards. It is a kit though, maybe you can build it in a proper stance.
- Thanks to Matthijs for the tip.
That would be accurate if you were talking about me lately… Buzz Lightyear is probably the second most ubiquitous character on a toy skateboard next to ole Bart Simpson, (Not to be confused with Bort Sampson.) If $11.99 is what they were blowing these things out at over at Ross, I’d hate to see what full price is. (Return)
I have no idea what the date is on this set. It’s #191, and still a Questor/Child Guidance company. Playschool bought them in 1985. The packaging on this looks like some sets from the late 70s. The one I have does not actually have enough pieces to build a skateboard or anything else, so I essentially bought a container for 3 bucks.
Because this is what skateboarding is all about.
FOR AUCTION IS THIS VINTAGE (1950?) BUNNY RIDING A SKATEBOARD. ABOVE HIS HEAD IS A RED UMBRELLA, ATTACHED TO WHICH ARE SIX SPOKES WITH STARS AND BALLS. WIND UP THE BUNNY AND HE TRAVELS IN CIRCLES WHILE ABOVE HIS HEAD THE UMBELLA SPINS AND THE STARS AND BALLS EXTEND OUTWARD. THE PICTURES OF THIS TOY IN ACTION DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE. THIS TOY IS ALL CELLULOID, EXCEPT FOR THE SHAFT OF THE UMBRELLA, THE WHEELS AND THE HOUSING OF THE CLOCKWORK MECHANISM. IT IS IN MINT CONDITION. IT MEASURES 8” HIGH; THE SKATEBOARD IS 2.25” WIDE AND 3.5” LONG. IT WAS MADE IN JAPAN.
These stars and planets revolve around his head as he rolls on the skateboard. Maybe it’s a cartoon slam simulator.
Zhu Zhu pets were all the rage with the toddler crowd about two years ago, then they kind of jumped the shark and sputtered. They even tried to branch out with some ninja appeal but it didn’t seem to work because they were soon relegated to bargain bins. I caught a few minutes of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and was surprised that there was actually a Zhu Zhu Pets float. It reminded me that I had some skateboard-related Zhu Zhu pets in the hopper.
- kilwag : That's a fingerboard!
- brad : This only doesn't make sense if you are a little kid. Skate and annoy.
- houseofneil : I guess no licensing allowed from PP…
- Eric : Here's a new one that I don't think has been covered. Jinx Link
- Concretin Nik : And his grammy looks like an elderly man in drag.
- Jerry : Looks like it's a hefty $129 :/ Link
- andre : Burton shirt... haha
- NWForty : NICE.
- cold ones : CRAMBONE
- despartelyseekingloosin : who is doin the Coos Bay addition?
- kevin : and it came out pretty smooth with very little imperfections . we just used mag trowels then a finishing trowel with a sprinkle of water. i am...
- Red : they are saving you from yourself.
- swelbow : Haha ya. someone should sue the crap out of them because they broke their left cheek trying to sit on a bench with a spike...
- Bevilacqua : Another casus belli coming from perfid Albion ? We shall reject this ridiculous provocation with disdain... pff !
- kevin : i want it . kermy goes skating
- kevin : here is the same story , the rain never lets up it has been rainning 5 days out of seven. i will send randy the...
- zeno01 : Oooof dah!
- Animal Testicles : ...cuz he COULDN'T go courtin', cuz he dunt have a unit.
- wes : i am so into Golden Showers!
- conahan : Carlsbad mogul field!
- backyardskatepark : awesome, thanks Kevin, lets see a finished pic of it...started to pour it today & got rained off, need to call it in the next...
- colin : This is awesome!
- Billy Bones : If you can find one in Portland I think you'd win the Skavenger Hunt.
- Jake(and annoy) : That is because it is priceless.
- spurr : I know what kilwag's getting for fathers day!
- backyardskatepark : Cheers guys, ampt on pouring it tomorrow, funnily enough i had a former schmitt stix/the new deal pro vert rider randomly turn up to check...
- K.C. : Brad Dorfman from Vision picked up a ton of these ridiculous, cheap ass Chinese completes aka (Dog Cheese) for under $5 a board back in...
- corvette cancer : Hot Flat work!!! I don't get it, did a california skate park crew come up with this? Ouch! Evergreen nice try. I'm going south to...
- corvette cancer : Man, that makes me want to put, that one Hosoi deck together I have in a box somewhere.
- kevin : great pic , and what a nice guy . i had the honour of skating with him at lances pool. epic time
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business