It’s just an auction or a single z-roller truck, vintage, yes, but not a big deal. It’s the auction description that is the best part, and it comes from S&A reader “Skater Dave” who is peddling some of his old gear to make up for lost wages due to a skateboard injury. While I have no scans of the x-ray, I do have the auction description preserved for posterity.
On this edition of counterfeit skateboards we have a completely generic looking Gator rip off found all the way over in Belgium, complete with a Tony Hawk Skategear sticker that definitely looks like it’s an 80′s vintage, but I’m wondering if it (sticker) is of a later vintage, because it doesn’t look familiar to me.
- Thanks to David Maes for the tip.
So, yeah. Errr…. Uhm. Yeah. Somebody wanted this mohair monkey doll enough to cough up $21.61 after a tiny monkey sized bidding war. Also, if you’re in the market, that weird rabbit with the spinning umbrella hat is back.
A skateboard charm or pendant allegedly dating to 1960, but that seems about 15 years premature. Even so, it’s definitely radical.
- Thanks to Seth Levy for the tip.
Because this is what skateboarding is all about.
FOR AUCTION IS THIS VINTAGE (1950?) BUNNY RIDING A SKATEBOARD. ABOVE HIS HEAD IS A RED UMBRELLA, ATTACHED TO WHICH ARE SIX SPOKES WITH STARS AND BALLS. WIND UP THE BUNNY AND HE TRAVELS IN CIRCLES WHILE ABOVE HIS HEAD THE UMBELLA SPINS AND THE STARS AND BALLS EXTEND OUTWARD. THE PICTURES OF THIS TOY IN ACTION DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE. THIS TOY IS ALL CELLULOID, EXCEPT FOR THE SHAFT OF THE UMBRELLA, THE WHEELS AND THE HOUSING OF THE CLOCKWORK MECHANISM. IT IS IN MINT CONDITION. IT MEASURES 8” HIGH; THE SKATEBOARD IS 2.25” WIDE AND 3.5” LONG. IT WAS MADE IN JAPAN.
These stars and planets revolve around his head as he rolls on the skateboard. Maybe it’s a cartoon slam simulator.
I collect a lot of skateboards that are, quite frankly, whack. I have not been able to bring myself to purchase this one, and apparently nobody else has either. This item has been on eBay for a couple of years running. Yes, I’ve been following it that long. I actually saw a kid on one of these at a skatepark some time circa 2001. The question is, did the Gonz get his inspiration from this or did these guys copy him?
Old News really, but there’s Wired story on a guy who replicates old skateboard graphics whith shapes he has custom made from our friends at Factory 13. Most of those featured in the photos of John Greeley’s collection have been available as rereleases at some point or another. Others like the Mutt and Hawk’s first model that haven’t. Greeley’s reproductions look excellent, and that’s awesome… Until some show up on eBay five years from now in through a chain of events that ultimately ends up with them being passed off as originals. “I may have the largest archive of original deck graphics anywhere.” Either that or you’re the guy who stole Sean Cliver’s laptop full of all the photos and outtakes form Disposable. For the record, I’m not accusing John. I’m just promoting open discussion on reproductions… and being a smartass.
- Thanks to Andrew Wahl for the tip.
- zeno01 : I keep some fabreeze in my car to spray my pads with. Should I write an article for the site?
- SimonWoodstock : gnar.
- Willis KImbel's Dear Old Mum : Willis, I'm so torn between being very impressed and very scared for you. Put on a helmet and call me! Mom
- spurr : Now ,when we say longboarding I assume we are talking about downhill . I could see the correlation between downhill and long term relationships ...
- conahan : Does huffing your pads count?
- wall eyed glue huffer : that makes a alot of sense, i dont personally know u, but viacom life seems annoying as fuck
- wall eyed glue huffer : christian Dior "farenheight" scent gives me a rabid pitbull reaction...
- BoBo : ^ what he said ^ Geeze that's sick
- wall eyed glue huffer : concrete wave is owned by tail tap/buddy carr, in the event u tried to buy something off them they charge ur account and give u...
- Billy Bones : *palm to face*
- kilwag : Redundant!
- MC : holy balls!
- K.C. : I wish it was the same board, it is close though. The Zeke didn't have cut outs and it had a wide square tail. I...
- Michael : Maybe the ones that have a surplus of money. I got rid of all of my old skate magazines(except for Concussion) when I moved to...
- orezona : This just proves that all skateboarders are sluts.
- Godsdj1 : I have the 1sst Megamouth tape in MP3s if you want it. email me and let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
- SimonWoodstock : Ha! Didn't know Kilwag posted this. There was an impromptu vert wall contest that day and I was trying for backside wheelers but not even...
- Caspa : It's "KIDS". "Damn, you knocked up yo"!
- wes : neat
- kilwag : KC - is it the one in this post? LINK? I'm dying to find one of these too.
- wall eyed glue huffer : pelt me w/ eggs if u want but how come he didnt get an mtv spot on that jackass crud, he was the life of...
- K.C. : I agree with Killwag. I'm still looking for the elusive 6 wheeled (1 truck up front and 2 trucks in the back) Sun California "Zeke"...
- Michael : I just go Bowl-ing indoors.
- Concretin Nik : And for fks sake, don't put your dick in crazy!
- brock75 : I want to see him 360 flip it.
- PIGCITY : Good to see Woodstock back again. Theres no advantage to any of Simons bizzare boards apart from a damn good photo and a laugh or...
- conahan : Nancy and Sluggo by Ernie Bushmiller
- Bevilacqua : in France this ugly young turk is called "Bicot" - who is his US conterpart ? His older sister is Suzy.
- conahan : I've been waiting to spot the aging Razor dudes at the skatepark.
- carvin marvin : wait 'til the scooter kids are 50, will one of them draw cartoons?
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business