Shred the Lard with Bacon Skateboards at Baconfest in Portland on Saturday, September 8th. It’s an 80′s style “streetstyle” contest with rails and a spine. $5 to enter, winner takes all. Will there be a jalopy as well? I hope so. I think it was actually illegal to hold a street contest without a beat up old car on the course for a year or two there. Remember streetsyle? The layout may not have been “authentic” street, but you can be damned sure the trucks on the trophies weren’t backwards.
Check out the Unheard Skate Supply indoor facility (formerly known as SE Indoor thing) that I keep forgetting to post pictures of. Why, it’s a session and a Bacon Skateboards video on Saturday, May 19th at 1913 SE Haig street in Portland. Sponsor Luv.
Merde-y Merde merde. Travis Augustine flows on flow in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Holy cow, I guess the skatepark is still open. What’s the sitch, Egbert? “M.” “ake.” “Make.”
Skate and Annoy welcomes Rip City Skate to the site as a sponsor, so that means we’re going all longboarding, all the time! Just kidding. Rip City Skate has been in Portland since 2009 and focuses primarily on local Portland brands. “Rip City Skate supports local riders, events, and brands with the intention of promoting the Portland skate scene on a global level. Our crew destroys every type of terrain from street to downhill and we encourge all skateboarders to SKATE EVERTHING!” And by “everything” they even mean the shop. The bowl adjacent to the shop is now free to skate “while supplies last.” It may be torn down at the end of the month, so get some while you can. Here’s another view from the flipside. If you can’t make it to Portland,, Rip City does internet sales too.
[Photos: Earth Patrol Media]
A day in Battle Ground with Merde Sakteboards:
Jesse McDowell with some local BG skaters: Austin, Chris, and Old School Ken. Didn’t catch Austin’s buddie’s name, and I don’t know if people call Ken “Old School Ken”, but it seemed like he needed a nickname. Who doesn’t. I always wanted a cool nickname like “Skeeter”, or “Tony Bologna”, even though my name isn’t Tony. Either way, nice day in late October, so HAVE to take advantage of that, and BG is just that fun.
Catch it after the jump.
Jesse McDowell works a mean trowel and rides for Merde. Egbert had this to say:
Jesse has been riding for us for about 5 months now, I think. Whenever he was in town, we’d try and get some filiming in, but he’s a pretty busy guy…building parks and what not. Either way, welcome aboard Mr. McDowell! We’re happy to have you as part of the family.
Catch the sponsor luv after the jump.
Midwest tour from Lifeblood Skateboards. These guys are rulers. Check it out, let them crash on your couch. The per diem is pretty slim. Technically not a sponsor of the site, but have I mentioned how much I like Johnny Turgesen? And Midwest uber alles.
- ssk : Wars, drones, global warming, economic turmoil, rioting... and now THIS! Nobody ever listens to Nostradamus! You're ruining it CW! A thousand kids just hung up...
- Arlen Micucci : Possessing a classy leather jacket has become a symbol of status amongst the teenagers. You have plenty of choices in choosing these jackets and blazers....
- Rich : Recursive as well.
- Brett Joynson : Possessing a classy leather jacket has become a symbol of status amongst the teenagers. You have plenty of choices in choosing these jackets and blazers....
- Betsy : I saw this great t-shirt at the Van's Pool party contest a couple of weeks ago: "Don't Be a Racist- Skate Everything" During that same weekend,...
- zeno01 : I keep some fabreeze in my car to spray my pads with. Should I write an article for the site?
- SimonWoodstock : gnar.
- Willis KImbel's Dear Old Mum : Willis, I'm so torn between being very impressed and very scared for you. Put on a helmet and call me! Mom
- spurr : Now ,when we say longboarding I assume we are talking about downhill . I could see the correlation between downhill and long term relationships ...
- conahan : Does huffing your pads count?
- wall eyed glue huffer : that makes a alot of sense, i dont personally know u, but viacom life seems annoying as fuck
- wall eyed glue huffer : christian Dior "farenheight" scent gives me a rabid pitbull reaction...
- BoBo : ^ what he said ^ Geeze that's sick
- wall eyed glue huffer : concrete wave is owned by tail tap/buddy carr, in the event u tried to buy something off them they charge ur account and give u...
- Billy Bones : *palm to face*
- kilwag : Redundant!
- MC : holy balls!
- K.C. : I wish it was the same board, it is close though. The Zeke didn't have cut outs and it had a wide square tail. I...
- Michael : Maybe the ones that have a surplus of money. I got rid of all of my old skate magazines(except for Concussion) when I moved to...
- orezona : This just proves that all skateboarders are sluts.
- Godsdj1 : I have the 1sst Megamouth tape in MP3s if you want it. email me and let me know! email@example.com
- SimonWoodstock : Ha! Didn't know Kilwag posted this. There was an impromptu vert wall contest that day and I was trying for backside wheelers but not even...
- Caspa : It's "KIDS". "Damn, you knocked up yo"!
- wes : neat
- kilwag : KC - is it the one in this post? LINK? I'm dying to find one of these too.
- wall eyed glue huffer : pelt me w/ eggs if u want but how come he didnt get an mtv spot on that jackass crud, he was the life of...
- K.C. : I agree with Killwag. I'm still looking for the elusive 6 wheeled (1 truck up front and 2 trucks in the back) Sun California "Zeke"...
- Michael : I just go Bowl-ing indoors.
- Concretin Nik : And for fks sake, don't put your dick in crazy!
- brock75 : I want to see him 360 flip it.
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business