I’ve been windering what’s been going on with Dreamland since I hadn’t heard about them lately. Turns out they’re working on a stealth park in the Portland suburb of Beaverton. I like to call it Beavertron though, but that’s just me, and I’m fairly immature. Carl Warren has some photos. I don’t know where or when in Beaveron this is. (Update: Schiffler Park.) Didn’t even know it was in the works. I’ve got my finger on the pulse. My pulse, because apparently I’m dead.
OTRO is a skatepark thinly disguised as art, but hey, I’m not complaining. Whatever you have to call it to get it paid for and built is OK by me. Koo Jeong-A is the artist, the location is… I can’t figure it out, possibly in Brussels. The plans say something about tunnels, but I don’t see them. The construction photos might be the real art. Check it out at L’escaut. Post title comes from the translated caption of one of the rebar photos.
- Thanks to Jerome for the tip.
Another new one from Team Pain, this time in Apollo Beach, Florida. Looks like the new stains are becoming a hallmark of this crew. Pics and video after the jump.
The NBC affiliate 9 News in Denver recently aired a piece on the impending opening of the new Arvada skatepark. The emphasis of the spot, apparently shot on the set of Masterpiece Theater (see photo), is on the “construction workers” that built the park, a crew that would go entirely unnamed were it not for an appropriately placed company logo on a hoody. I know these guys are technically construction workers, but it seems like a misnomer. It’s worth watching though, and there’s even a good laugh. What’s the name of their video segment? Why it’s “New park will attract skaters to Arvada.” I dunno… seems a little far fetched. Arvada is a Team Pain skatepark. Team Pain is actually a finalist in a The World of Concrete “Crews that Rock” contest. I don’t know what they get if they win, but if you vote you become eligible to win an iPad 2. Make sure to scroll down to get to the Team Pain listing, the page is kind of long.
It’s been nine months since I posted the preliminary plans for this regional park in Arvada, Colorado and now we’ve got some snake run construction photos courtesy of Team Pain.
Another Team Pain project in Colorado. They might as well move there, they pretty much own that state as far as skateparks go. This one is in Northglenn.
Spohn Ranch has begun building a new skatepark in the Dalles, OR. It’s a small 7,500 square foot street spot type park that will be 100% poured in place concrete. I don’t know how this one got past all the Northwest companies, but you know what they say about spilt milk. Catch some renders of the park after the jump.
UPDATE: I forgot to include the renders, but I’ve added them..
- Thanks to VInce Onel for the tip.
Team Pean just got the bid on what looks like a massive new skatepark in Arvada, Colorado. Construction on the 40,000 square foot park is expected to start “as soon as the snow melts in spring of 2011.”
Tito over at Team Pain sent in some pics from a recent lunchtime session at the Broomfield, Colorado skatepark, which is currently under construction. It appears to be almost done actually, but maybe we’re not seeing the whole park. All the sunshine in those pictures, it’s like a foreign country compared to Oregon so far this wet and dreary summer. Seriously Mom Nature, WTF?
- Michael : I just go Bowl-ing indoors.
- Concretin Nik : And for fks sake, don't put your dick in crazy!
- brock75 : I want to see him 360 flip it.
- PIGCITY : Good to see Woodstock back again. Theres no advantage to any of Simons bizzare boards apart from a damn good photo and a laugh or...
- conahan : Nancy and Sluggo by Ernie Bushmiller
- Bevilacqua : in France this ugly young turk is called "Bicot" - who is his US conterpart ? His older sister is Suzy.
- conahan : I've been waiting to spot the aging Razor dudes at the skatepark.
- carvin marvin : wait 'til the scooter kids are 50, will one of them draw cartoons?
- Nweyesk8 : How is it at floating tranny?
- mezmer : Rob Boyce!
- Bevilacqua : Where is Suzy !!!!!!
- MC : Jack, is that you?
- MC : I think I saw drawer-pulls like that in the Pottery Barn catalog.
- Grover : Finally an educational character one who can help the skater mature at his own pace. (example) never. Gotcha!
- Bevilacqua : I have not seen here any comment on The Board Room - by the other Sean - Apart from the extravagant price (140-160$) is it...
- Animal Testicles : I don't respond to HoN because he's a little simple, but at least he's not going on about critical thinking, whereas you are... when it...
- conahan : That is a rad photo.
- eh : Some of the churchier pay for plays discourage it under the lights.
- egbert : Here's a couple tricks you can do at any spot...bro. LINK
- kilwag : Some of the best things in life have no point.
- Donut : Duck Dynasty Drop In...
- sheltered : I think he needs to stagger the trucks.
- carvin marvin : frontside grind and backside kickturn below coping?
- spurr : Sometimes I turn in a different direction than my trucks .
- Hutton : I thought it was because he wanted to ride bigger decks but there weren't any trucks wide enough
- spurr : Holy crap , that was 25 years ago.
- spurr : I rode an 8 wheeler on Rick mailers garage halfpipe it turned like ,well an 8 wheeler and if you bailed it became a 20...
- K.C. : It's fun to mess around with different skateboard set ups. I think this is a parody of the original Loni Toft 8 wheeler from the 1970's...
- Seth : I get the point of an 8-wheeler (each set of trucks turns a different direction) but what is the point of 16? There are two...
- Actual Fitz : I'll see your kickturn and raise you a scratch grind.
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business