Recycled skateboards used to make a birdhouse. Add a truck and you’ve got a bird feeder. Skate and Aviary. Check out Skate:bîrd, by Florian Dohrmann. See also: Facebook. I like the bird house. Maybe I’ll make one this weekend.
Let’s see… got an axe to grind? Want to throw down a few hammers? Tools with handles made from used skateboards and tennis racquets! Some of them are quite beautiful. Get yours modestly priced at Copemans Corner.
- Thanks to Rich for the tip.
You know, from earlier today… same joke. You might have missed this if you weren’t reading the comments of this post. Independent baseplate as motorcycle brake light fixture. Cool. As seen on Pipe Burn.
- Thanks to Charles for the tip.
Spotted on the streets of Portland outside an art store. That tank and logo style matches one I saw on a ’78, but those wheels and styling makes me think this is from around 1980 or so. So what is this technically, moped or motorcycle? Oh right, there’s a chopped skateboard on back for the
rack platform seat!. Put some urethane on that son, it will last longer. UPDATE: I think I found the original owner of this thing online:
Thanks to Dwayne Hoster of MopedArmy, I have found a Minamagnum! A Baretta 38 that has been ‘converted’ into a Puch Magnum, also a few pictures of a Baretta Magnum
It’s hard to notice with all the other stuff going on int picture, but there are actual pedals attached to this thing, so it’s officially moped.
These are garment hang tags for Maple XO, made out of skateboard veneers that have been etched and cut with a laser. Pretty damned cool. Hang tags are a little bit too high brow for the stuff I hawk, but damn, I wish I thought of it myself.
[Source: Oregon Screen Impressions]
Skateboards made from laminated, recycled skateboards. They probably aren’t going to win any “pop” contests, but how can you argue against this one? It’s faultless. Iris Skateboards are made by George Rocha, who among other things worked on the Dreamland crew for a while.
[Source: ESPN] – Thanks to Matthijs for the tip.
I’ve featured Deckstool way back in 2008, but they’ve added new designs since then, and it’s worth it because how often do you get to use “#2″ and “Stool” in the same post title? I’m pretty sure this is not how they envisioned their publicity opportunity.
One more thing to add to the list of items made with recycled skateboards, a banana seat with a wooden base from Ichi Bike. I was ready to write this off as more hipster fodder, but for some reason I started poking around on the site checking out the custom bikes and eventually ended up at Rat Rod Bikes. I gotta be honest. I’m becoming obsessed with bikes lately, basically since I found the skaterack made by Fairdale. It got me stoked to start riding my bike to work. I may be in the market for a bike stand, but I’m not about to abandon Skate and Annoy, any more than usual that is! How may bike parts can you make out of recycled skateboards? Seat and fender makes at least two.
- Thanks to John Drummond for the tip.
It’s getting pretty hard to think of new ways to sell old skateboards now that goods made from recycled skateboards are a hot commodity. Maple XO has figured out a way to make use of the part of the skateboard that isn’t actually there! That’s right, mounting holes.
- Michael : Maybe the ones that have a surplus of money. I got rid of all of my old skate magazines(except for Concussion) when I moved to...
- orezona : This just proves that all skateboarders are sluts.
- Godsdj1 : I have the 1sst Megamouth tape in MP3s if you want it. email me and let me know! email@example.com
- SimonWoodstock : Ha! Didn't know Kilwag posted this. There was an impromptu vert wall contest that day and I was trying for backside wheelers but not even...
- Caspa : It's "KIDS". "Damn, you knocked up yo"!
- wes : neat
- kilwag : KC - is it the one in this post? LINK? I'm dying to find one of these too.
- wall eyed glue huffer : pelt me w/ eggs if u want but how come he didnt get an mtv spot on that jackass crud, he was the life of...
- K.C. : I agree with Killwag. I'm still looking for the elusive 6 wheeled (1 truck up front and 2 trucks in the back) Sun California "Zeke"...
- Michael : I just go Bowl-ing indoors.
- Concretin Nik : And for fks sake, don't put your dick in crazy!
- brock75 : I want to see him 360 flip it.
- PIGCITY : Good to see Woodstock back again. Theres no advantage to any of Simons bizzare boards apart from a damn good photo and a laugh or...
- conahan : Nancy and Sluggo by Ernie Bushmiller
- Bevilacqua : in France this ugly young turk is called "Bicot" - who is his US conterpart ? His older sister is Suzy.
- conahan : I've been waiting to spot the aging Razor dudes at the skatepark.
- carvin marvin : wait 'til the scooter kids are 50, will one of them draw cartoons?
- Nweyesk8 : How is it at floating tranny?
- mezmer : Rob Boyce!
- Bevilacqua : Where is Suzy !!!!!!
- MC : Jack, is that you?
- MC : I think I saw drawer-pulls like that in the Pottery Barn catalog.
- Grover : Finally an educational character one who can help the skater mature at his own pace. (example) never. Gotcha!
- Bevilacqua : I have not seen here any comment on The Board Room - by the other Sean - Apart from the extravagant price (140-160$) is it...
- Animal Testicles : I don't respond to HoN because he's a little simple, but at least he's not going on about critical thinking, whereas you are... when it...
- conahan : That is a rad photo.
- eh : Some of the churchier pay for plays discourage it under the lights.
- egbert : Here's a couple tricks you can do at any spot...bro. LINK
- kilwag : Some of the best things in life have no point.
- Donut : Duck Dynasty Drop In...
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business