Downhill race in the Portland area on Sunday, part of the Switchback Challenge series from the folks at PDX Downhill. As of the time this posting went live, there is no date or location listed, but it is Sunday, March 17th at SW Madison Street and Court in Portland. Contact Rip City Skates for more info.
Drink Water is trying to get people to skip the energy drinks and buzz cola in favor of drinking water instead. They don’t sell water, but they sell shirts, stickers and water bottles with the logo. 10% of the profits go towards water.org, an organization working towards getting clean drinking water for the almost 1 in 9 people in the world who don’t have access to clean water. Man, that seems really high. And for our purposes, they have a promo video with some skateboarding in it. This whole thing sounds like a bit in Portlandia. If we don’t drink energy drinks and soda, who will make TV commercials with skateboarding or sponsor the contest series that air on TV to show those commercials?
- Thanks to Tom Bender for the tip.
What used to be the second longest running skateshop in Portland shut it’s doors when they lost the lease on the Department of Skateboarding (DOS Bowl still lives) They were supposed to reopen but they kind of disappeared for a while. You hear rumors but nothing substantial, until a few years later you get an email. The Grand Opening at 1400 E Burnside this Friday.
From Elias Parise:
Willis, Andy, Mark and Lorenzo getting it at Pier and Unheard, during one of the weirdest and coldest weeks of the year. 12.28.12-01.01.13
Brooklyn Street Skate Spot – Benefit / Contest / BBQ / Meeting of the minds…. on Saturday December 15th. Hope the weather holds out. Sponsored by no less than three local PDX skate shops Cal Skate, Shrunken Head, and Rip City. Maybe there will be a wrestling match in the cage at the top of the stairs too.
Considering the fact that 90% of voting Oregonians have probably already voted by mail, this very last minute “Official Skate and Annoy Endorsement” of Portland mayoral candidate Charlie Hales is pretty pointless, but here it is for all the procrastinating undecided voters.Charlie was instrumental behind legalizing skateboarding on the streets of Portland. On his own Facebook page he gets hassled for not wearing a helmet in this photo.
Grover stopped by Burnside earlier today (Tuesday) and got some shots of Jay Meer and another preparing Burnside for it’s 22nd anniversary Halloween debut. I wonder if he’s down there painting via generators now. GPK after the jump. That’s Grover’s Picture Korner.
- PIGCITY : Good to see Woodstock back again. Theres no advantage to any of Simons bizzare boards apart from a damn good photo and a laugh or...
- text5 : Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site, as i wish for enjoyment, since this this website conations genuinely good funny data...
- conahan : Nancy and Sluggo by Ernie Bushmiller
- Bevilacqua : in France this ugly young turk is called "Bicot" - who is his US conterpart ? His older sister is Suzy.
- conahan : I've been waiting to spot the aging Razor dudes at the skatepark.
- carvin marvin : wait 'til the scooter kids are 50, will one of them draw cartoons?
- Nweyesk8 : How is it at floating tranny?
- mezmer : Rob Boyce!
- Bevilacqua : Where is Suzy !!!!!!
- MC : Jack, is that you?
- MC : I think I saw drawer-pulls like that in the Pottery Barn catalog.
- Grover : Finally an educational character one who can help the skater mature at his own pace. (example) never. Gotcha!
- Bevilacqua : I have not seen here any comment on The Board Room - by the other Sean - Apart from the extravagant price (140-160$) is it...
- Animal Testicles : I don't respond to HoN because he's a little simple, but at least he's not going on about critical thinking, whereas you are... when it...
- conahan : That is a rad photo.
- eh : Some of the churchier pay for plays discourage it under the lights.
- egbert : Here's a couple tricks you can do at any spot...bro. LINK
- kilwag : Some of the best things in life have no point.
- Donut : Duck Dynasty Drop In...
- sheltered : I think he needs to stagger the trucks.
- carvin marvin : frontside grind and backside kickturn below coping?
- spurr : Sometimes I turn in a different direction than my trucks .
- Hutton : I thought it was because he wanted to ride bigger decks but there weren't any trucks wide enough
- spurr : Holy crap , that was 25 years ago.
- spurr : I rode an 8 wheeler on Rick mailers garage halfpipe it turned like ,well an 8 wheeler and if you bailed it became a 20...
- K.C. : It's fun to mess around with different skateboard set ups. I think this is a parody of the original Loni Toft 8 wheeler from the 1970's...
- Seth : I get the point of an 8-wheeler (each set of trucks turns a different direction) but what is the point of 16? There are two...
- Actual Fitz : I'll see your kickturn and raise you a scratch grind.
- skaterdave : Kickturn on lock!
- Actual Fitz : Witholding judgement pending a session. Never seen Evergreen do anything but great work, and the layout looks roomy and fast. Each their own...
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business