Grover stopped by Burnside earlier today (Tuesday) and got some shots of Jay Meer and another preparing Burnside for it’s 22nd anniversary Halloween debut. I wonder if he’s down there painting via generators now. GPK after the jump. That’s Grover’s Picture Korner.
Apparently my wife’s claim that she knew the guy who ran Skate and Annoy wasn’t enough to coax an action shot out of these two clowns, I mean monkeys.
The good, the rad, and the colorful showed up for Burnside’s 20th anniversary; a skate event that accepts all types. Sometimes there is too much testosterone flowing in a session. This was not the case at the Hallowenis event. I witnessed many bare-chested men with erect nipples; a clear sign of arousal. Be it skateboarding or bare-chestedness, both were out in full force at this yearly tribute to diversity and alternative lifestyles. Here’s a bit of what I saw.
So I did not have a lot of time to shoot footage for Halloween plus you are always so distracted by the Show. I did see a lot of good stuff that did not make it to the camera. The weather was great, awesome turn out. There is a sort of weird good family vibe at that Burnside Banks. I feel like if my kid got lost people would try to help him feel okay and get him help. Just to set the mode when I pulled up Red had the music so loud it almost hurt you ears and the song was the song from the bar scene in star wars where Luke and OB-1 meet Han Solo. Who would of thought that could hurt your ears. If you didn’t make you missed it. – Skate Off, Grover.
P.S. Some of you may have seen this already, I put this together last week and got tired of waiting for Kilwag to get his site running again – See this video.
- talentlessquitter : ...except in dutch it's with a 'j'. (That's what you get for trying to post smart comments in the wee hours of the night) Briljant, David!
- talentlessquitter : Bril(l)iant!
- kilwag : Is that an "Action Now" reference?
- Bozo Texino : No doubt! This one's stuck in my head. I love it.
- skaterdave : Isn't this sort of a *girl on horse jumping over rocks photo* moment for CW?
- skaterdave : It's all the "same" until you can't jump down stairs anymore because it hurts too much...
- Actual Fitz : That's what I'm saying, MC! Great comic!
- Jesus Sepulveda's Dear Old Mum : Just say no to specialization and standardization.
- ssk : Wars, drones, global warming, economic turmoil, rioting... and now THIS! Nobody ever listens to Nostradamus! You're ruining it CW! A thousand kids just hung up...
- Rich : Recursive as well.
- Betsy : I saw this great t-shirt at the Van's Pool party contest a couple of weeks ago: "Don't Be a Racist- Skate Everything" During that same weekend,...
- zeno01 : I keep some fabreeze in my car to spray my pads with. Should I write an article for the site?
- SimonWoodstock : gnar.
- Willis KImbel's Dear Old Mum : Willis, I'm so torn between being very impressed and very scared for you. Put on a helmet and call me! Mom
- spurr : Now ,when we say longboarding I assume we are talking about downhill . I could see the correlation between downhill and long term relationships ...
- conahan : Does huffing your pads count?
- wall eyed glue huffer : that makes a alot of sense, i dont personally know u, but viacom life seems annoying as fuck
- wall eyed glue huffer : christian Dior "farenheight" scent gives me a rabid pitbull reaction...
- BoBo : ^ what he said ^ Geeze that's sick
- wall eyed glue huffer : concrete wave is owned by tail tap/buddy carr, in the event u tried to buy something off them they charge ur account and give u...
- Billy Bones : *palm to face*
- kilwag : Redundant!
- MC : holy balls!
- K.C. : I wish it was the same board, it is close though. The Zeke didn't have cut outs and it had a wide square tail. I...
- Michael : Maybe the ones that have a surplus of money. I got rid of all of my old skate magazines(except for Concussion) when I moved to...
- orezona : This just proves that all skateboarders are sluts.
- Godsdj1 : I have the 1sst Megamouth tape in MP3s if you want it. email me and let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
- SimonWoodstock : Ha! Didn't know Kilwag posted this. There was an impromptu vert wall contest that day and I was trying for backside wheelers but not even...
- Caspa : It's "KIDS". "Damn, you knocked up yo"!
- wes : neat
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business