This week’s Shot of the Week comes from Ben Warren courtesy of Octopus Manufacturing, home of the Goat Ramp. (Stands for Goes On A Trailer.) It’s a kick flip by Tony Besabe in the heart of Stuart, Florida. if Stuart could talk, what would he say?
They’ve got the rest of the month to raise $17,000 (in addition to the $58,000 already raised) and then the Baltimore City Department of Rec and Parks will match their funds with a donation of 75,000. They also received a Tony Hawk Foundation grant, One thing that might help, add a Paypal button. DONATE, for the love of John Waters.
Florida VERT Attack series is aimed at passing on the the vertical urge to a new generation, as well as just perpetuating those backyard days. M.E.S.S. anyone? (P.S. Britt! COme on Man, chime in!) No Comply has some photos form Florida Vert Attack #8. Vert Attack #9 was in March. These guys need to get a web site set up. Anyway, here’s a few photos of series organizer Tod Morrow, taken by Nick Nicks. Come on, real name? Wait, it might just be his real name. Top shot is SkatePark of Tampa and the indoor ones are at Vans Olando (R.I.P. as of 1-22-12).
More pictures of Brandon Park in Hillsborough county, Florida. Photos an striking concrete patterns by Team Pain, but I bet you already knew that…
This Friday April 6th is the opening for With Much Haste a show featuring work by skaters/artists from Portland as well as Mickeal Broth and Barf from Born Ugly out of Richmond, Virginia. Check it out at Commonwealth Skateboarding (1425 SE 20th Ave.) Opening reception Friday, April 6 from 6-9 p.m. The show runs through April at least.
The Lost Bowl in Richmond, VA is trying to wrap things up with a Kickstarter project that they are very, very close to getting, but time is running out. Head on over an give them a boost if you are so inclined. Back this project: Do it here, now.
A very disturbing, depraved, lewd an lascivious photograph after the jump. Concrete can be inherently sensuous, but Spohn Ranch may just be the Larry Flint of skatepark companies. Shield your eyes to protect your delicate sensibilities after the jump.
Here’s some pics of a soon to open Team Pain park in Brandon, Florida, on the outskirts of Tampa. Brandon is home to a few names you might have heard of, like Mike Frazier, and Anthony Furlong. None of these guys are in the pictures though. Ha. Despite the typical Florida high water table issue, they managed to get what looks like a really nice bowl (9″9′ Deep, 6″ shallow) in addition to the more street plaza-esque terrain. There’s colored concrete and a public arts grant to add some more color at a later date. The park is on track for a soft opening in March, so these guys must be doing some quality control.
Too late for the opening, but the show is up through November 19th. S&A Readers might recognize one of the artists, Michel Skart Poulin.
Thursday, 15 September 2011, 06:00pm – 08:00pm
Organized by artist Rick Kreiger, this exhibit will explore the many diverse strands of skateboard culture featuring decorative ideas and ancillary art related to this popular, daredevil lifestyle. The show will include artwork produced specifically for skateboard decks, paintings, sculpture, photography and sticker art related to skateboarding. The intention of the show is to present the various ways the sport is depicted in these art forms, and the role art plays in this highly selfexpressive lifestyle.
Location : Hudson Guild Gallery / 441 W. 26th Street / NY 10001
- Animal Testicles : I don't respond to HoN because he's a little simple, but at least he's not going on about critical thinking, whereas you are... when it...
- conahan : That is a rad photo.
- eh : Some of the churchier pay for plays discourage it under the lights.
- egbert : Here's a couple tricks you can do at any spot...bro. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-irQVJ4NpS2c/T6Kllezrz0I/AAAAAAAAGTA/EEqxs4oYikg/s640/hook11.jpg
- kilwag : Some of the best things in life have no point.
- Donut : Duck Dynasty Drop In...
- sheltered : I think he needs to stagger the trucks.
- carvin marvin : frontside grind and backside kickturn below coping?
- spurr : Sometimes I turn in a different direction than my trucks .
- Hutton : I thought it was because he wanted to ride bigger decks but there weren't any trucks wide enough
- spurr : Holy crap , that was 25 years ago.
- spurr : I rode an 8 wheeler on Rick mailers garage halfpipe it turned like ,well an 8 wheeler and if you bailed it became a 20...
- K.C. : It's fun to mess around with different skateboard set ups. I think this is a parody of the original Loni Toft 8 wheeler from the 1970's...
- Seth : I get the point of an 8-wheeler (each set of trucks turns a different direction) but what is the point of 16? There are two...
- Actual Fitz : I'll see your kickturn and raise you a scratch grind.
- skaterdave : Kickturn on lock!
- Actual Fitz : Witholding judgement pending a session. Never seen Evergreen do anything but great work, and the layout looks roomy and fast. Each their own...
- Bozo Texino : Needing a like button here...
- Bozo Texino : Critical thinking is not a crime.
- talentlessquitter : 200 miles away, but still...
- Mr Sauce : If you dont like the sauce then go to a different BBQ.
- Bozo Texino : It's acceptable because your art isn't amazing just because you made it, and to belive so is arrogant. Learn to accept some criticism--it improves your...
- Other Grover : NAH GROVER
- Other Grover : Very lame park. Bad flow and all around shit park. Evergreen ya blew it with this one. My opinion, my spew, suck it shit holes
- Jerry Dammers : I won't comment, on a site like this. All the girls on Friday T&A are sluts, and Neil's beer tastes just like piss.
- Peter Parker : Paralyze this: How are the lil bastards ever gonna get it sorted if they're being taught that a "U" shaped ramp is a half-pipe...
- freezine : When the unconventional host conventions!
- Chris J : I have one in Nottingham UK I'm looking to sell. Its in good condition and i'm planning sell on ebay. I'll stick the link on...
- kilwag : One of my favorites. Didn't see this coming. Modern coping trends and Sizing your death box... love it.
- Craig : Hey. Please have Oldfartsk8r contact me. I want to see if he has a better scan than I do of the Solid Surf flier. Urgent....
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business