An article in the Sunday Business section of the Oregonian features a picture of Brooklyn Street Skate Spot as part of an illustration of the property that the expanding Max line (light rail) plans to purchase. BSSS has known about this they became legit, but I’m not sure what this means to the spot. A quick check on the Oregonian web site to find a link to this article also turned up a to Daddies new location and another with Paul Rodriguez breifly talking about NIke in the skateboarding shoe business an his desire to have skateboarding in the Olympics.
Brooklyn Street Skate Spot – Benefit / Contest / BBQ / Meeting of the minds…. on Saturday December 15th. Hope the weather holds out. Sponsored by no less than three local PDX skate shops Cal Skate, Shrunken Head, and Rip City. Maybe there will be a wrestling match in the cage at the top of the stairs too.
Brooklyn Street Skate Spot benefit on
Saturday FRIDAY. Mr. Hand isn’t it ok to have a little food on our time? Mr. Spicoli your absoloutly right. It is our time. Yours, mine and everyone elses.
It’s too bad these aren’t old timer stereogram pics. Of course then you’d need a viewer, and the subject matter would look more like this. This week’s shot(s) of the week were poached from Daniel Evans Instagram feed on two separate occasions (one and two). I wish you could enlarge a photo on the Instagram feed on your phone for crying out loud. Getting back to the subject matter, expansion is in the works at Brooklyn Street Skate Spot, this time fully permitted before the fact. In the background of the first shot you can see a tangentially related neighborhood beautification project in the form of a street painting. Although not part of BSSS, it was the vibrant community of BSSS that drew the non-skating artists to the spot.
I don’t know where they dug up this before shot. Like the flyer says, benefit at Plan B, in Portland. (Seriously? MySpace?) Someone ought to throw a benefit for Plan B so they can get a web site. I see Stinkbug on the bill.
What a difference a day makes; Some more information, a new flyer, and now the beer is free.
This Brooklyn Benefit will be to help fund a new miniramp section behind the back 4ft pocket to the sidewalk in the asphalt section. We want to try and raise $3,000, and although it will take a few of these fundraisers, donating (suggested) $8 will help BSSS get their faster! Please remember 21+, none of us want to be the asshole that has to turn you away.
Brooklyn Street Skate Spot is now going to be under Skaters for Portland Skateparks non-profit status which will make it easier for funding and accepting other donations!
Brooklyn Street Skate Spot Benefit on February 18th at Commonwealth, just about a week shy of Commonwealth’s 1 year anniversary. The BSSS benefit is from 7-10, with alleged bands (who?) raffles, food and beer. OK, I’m not going to argue. Flyer and video from Commonwealth’s grand opening after the jump.
- Bozo Texino : No doubt! This one's stuck in my head. I love it.
- skaterdave : Isn't this sort of a *girl on horse jumping over rocks photo* moment for CW?
- skaterdave : It's all the "same" until you can't jump down stairs anymore because it hurts too much...
- Actual Fitz : That's what I'm saying, MC! Great comic!
- Jesus Sepulveda's Dear Old Mum : Just say no to specialization and standardization.
- ssk : Wars, drones, global warming, economic turmoil, rioting... and now THIS! Nobody ever listens to Nostradamus! You're ruining it CW! A thousand kids just hung up...
- Rich : Recursive as well.
- Betsy : I saw this great t-shirt at the Van's Pool party contest a couple of weeks ago: "Don't Be a Racist- Skate Everything" During that same weekend,...
- zeno01 : I keep some fabreeze in my car to spray my pads with. Should I write an article for the site?
- SimonWoodstock : gnar.
- Willis KImbel's Dear Old Mum : Willis, I'm so torn between being very impressed and very scared for you. Put on a helmet and call me! Mom
- spurr : Now ,when we say longboarding I assume we are talking about downhill . I could see the correlation between downhill and long term relationships ...
- conahan : Does huffing your pads count?
- wall eyed glue huffer : that makes a alot of sense, i dont personally know u, but viacom life seems annoying as fuck
- wall eyed glue huffer : christian Dior "farenheight" scent gives me a rabid pitbull reaction...
- BoBo : ^ what he said ^ Geeze that's sick
- wall eyed glue huffer : concrete wave is owned by tail tap/buddy carr, in the event u tried to buy something off them they charge ur account and give u...
- Billy Bones : *palm to face*
- kilwag : Redundant!
- MC : holy balls!
- K.C. : I wish it was the same board, it is close though. The Zeke didn't have cut outs and it had a wide square tail. I...
- Michael : Maybe the ones that have a surplus of money. I got rid of all of my old skate magazines(except for Concussion) when I moved to...
- orezona : This just proves that all skateboarders are sluts.
- Godsdj1 : I have the 1sst Megamouth tape in MP3s if you want it. email me and let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
- SimonWoodstock : Ha! Didn't know Kilwag posted this. There was an impromptu vert wall contest that day and I was trying for backside wheelers but not even...
- Caspa : It's "KIDS". "Damn, you knocked up yo"!
- wes : neat
- kilwag : KC - is it the one in this post? LINK? I'm dying to find one of these too.
- wall eyed glue huffer : pelt me w/ eggs if u want but how come he didnt get an mtv spot on that jackass crud, he was the life of...
- K.C. : I agree with Killwag. I'm still looking for the elusive 6 wheeled (1 truck up front and 2 trucks in the back) Sun California "Zeke"...
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business