This bottle of Dylan Rieder/Thunder Trucks wine is part of an auction to benefit skater Billy Moyle who was recently paralyzed from the waste down. Actually, they’re still figuring out how to do it since eBay doesn’t allow alcohol sales. If you’re not into wine the other items range from Jason Adams art prints and Spitfire Wheels ninja stars. Say hello to Fargo.
…which will come in handy this weekend if she wants to work on these DIY projects. Marginal Way in Seattle has a benefit this
Saturday Sunday and Brooklyn Street Skate Spot in Portland is having one this Sunday, which is Mother’s day… so yeah, bring your mom I guess. Saturday. Flyers and video scrapbook of BSSS through the various phases (courtesy of KC) after the jump.
Portland has a plan for 19 skateparks but the budget just isn’t there. North Portland locals are taking matters into their own hands. Live bands, free skateboarding at the benefit show for the Kenton Neighborhood Skatepark this Saturday February 5th at Portland’s Rip City Skates.
Fred’s family has a permission pool and has always gone out of their way to accommodate the skaters that session there. Unfortunately, their house was destroyed by fire recently. The skateboarding community is trying to give a little back this Saturday with a benefit bash at the bowl. Any money raised goes directly to Fred’s family. The location is 7385 Road 6, Firebaugh, California. Check out the flyer.
This year’s Stand up For Skateparks benefit for the Tony Hawk Foundations saw skate action from Bucky Lasek, Pierre-Luc Gagnon, Andy Macdonald, Lincoln Ueda, and Kevin Staab. Old man Hawk even landed a 900 himself. The event raised a total of 775,000 dollars to support the Tony Hawk Foundation, including $43,500 in pledges for a skatepark project in the Watts district of Los Angeles. There were many celebrities present, both skateboarding and mainstream, including Erik Estrada, who is a celebrity in both worlds. If you have a soft spot in your heart for Watts,you can donate $5 to the project by texting the word RIDE to 90999. Do it before the end of Tuesday, October 20 if you want the cash to specifically benefit the Watts Towers Skatepark project.
It’s going on right now! Get the details for the contest over at the Department. NOTE: The finals are downtown Portland at Pioneer Square. The whole thing is part of Red Bull’s Manny Mania amateur contest series.
BURNSIDE ART SHOW BENEFIT after the contest. Opening at NEMO (1875 SE Belmont) from 7-11pm. Proceeds from the sales got to Burnside. Artists include, Bryce Kanights, Chet Childress, Rich Burton, JayMeer, Gus Van Sant(!), Rich Charnowski and more. Exhibit will be up from June 26-July 31.
- zeno01 : I keep some fabreeze in my car to spray my pads with. Should I write an article for the site?
- SimonWoodstock : gnar.
- Willis KImbel's Dear Old Mum : Willis, I'm so torn between being very impressed and very scared for you. Put on a helmet and call me! Mom
- spurr : Now ,when we say longboarding I assume we are talking about downhill . I could see the correlation between downhill and long term relationships ...
- conahan : Does huffing your pads count?
- wall eyed glue huffer : that makes a alot of sense, i dont personally know u, but viacom life seems annoying as fuck
- wall eyed glue huffer : christian Dior "farenheight" scent gives me a rabid pitbull reaction...
- BoBo : ^ what he said ^ Geeze that's sick
- wall eyed glue huffer : concrete wave is owned by tail tap/buddy carr, in the event u tried to buy something off them they charge ur account and give u...
- Billy Bones : *palm to face*
- kilwag : Redundant!
- MC : holy balls!
- K.C. : I wish it was the same board, it is close though. The Zeke didn't have cut outs and it had a wide square tail. I...
- Michael : Maybe the ones that have a surplus of money. I got rid of all of my old skate magazines(except for Concussion) when I moved to...
- orezona : This just proves that all skateboarders are sluts.
- Godsdj1 : I have the 1sst Megamouth tape in MP3s if you want it. email me and let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
- SimonWoodstock : Ha! Didn't know Kilwag posted this. There was an impromptu vert wall contest that day and I was trying for backside wheelers but not even...
- Caspa : It's "KIDS". "Damn, you knocked up yo"!
- wes : neat
- kilwag : KC - is it the one in this post? LINK? I'm dying to find one of these too.
- wall eyed glue huffer : pelt me w/ eggs if u want but how come he didnt get an mtv spot on that jackass crud, he was the life of...
- K.C. : I agree with Killwag. I'm still looking for the elusive 6 wheeled (1 truck up front and 2 trucks in the back) Sun California "Zeke"...
- Michael : I just go Bowl-ing indoors.
- Concretin Nik : And for fks sake, don't put your dick in crazy!
- brock75 : I want to see him 360 flip it.
- PIGCITY : Good to see Woodstock back again. Theres no advantage to any of Simons bizzare boards apart from a damn good photo and a laugh or...
- conahan : Nancy and Sluggo by Ernie Bushmiller
- Bevilacqua : in France this ugly young turk is called "Bicot" - who is his US conterpart ? His older sister is Suzy.
- conahan : I've been waiting to spot the aging Razor dudes at the skatepark.
- carvin marvin : wait 'til the scooter kids are 50, will one of them draw cartoons?
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business