Kevin Kowalski’s backyard skate complex featured on ESPN.com. Stick around for the end as Kevin extends an invitation that you see him instantly regret as the video fades to black.
The Lost Bowl in Richmond, VA is trying to wrap things up with a Kickstarter project that they are very, very close to getting, but time is running out. Head on over an give them a boost if you are so inclined. Back this project: Do it here, now.
Gene Bowles backyard project gets bigger. He’s got updates planned for My DIY but you can catch some pictures here. Looks like it’s going to be a blast. Gene must have one cool girlfriend and/or wife and/or landlord.
This week’s Shot of the Week is a Micah Breshears photo of Jeff Taylor taken at John’s Bowl in Albany Oregon. Check out the Shot of the Week.
Chris Lynch turned me on to this St louis area backyard project, the pool that cannot be named:
After hand digging, hand mixing over 650 bags of concrete, hand stacking aforementioned concrete, 63 feet of tile, and 15 different types of coping; the pool that cannot be named has reached completion.
And Actually, that was almost eight months ago. I had this labeled saved as a draft and eventually forgot about it. There are three videos, in order of completion from Show Me Pools, and the middle one is a time lapse movie.
UPDATE: Added another video with skate footage, which is slow motion for some reason. GVK must have been the filmer… Thanks to Tim Jamison.
Check out these pics of a ramp compound found on Rampbook, aka Negative Ion. This behemoth is made from the carcasses of no less than 11 other Colorado ramps, a few of which have been shown on S&A before. Check it out and noodle around Negative Ion a little, there’s all kinds of good stuff squirreled away there.
- talentlessquitter : ...except in dutch it's with a 'j'. (That's what you get for trying to post smart comments in the wee hours of the night) Briljant, David!
- talentlessquitter : Bril(l)iant!
- kilwag : Is that an "Action Now" reference?
- Bozo Texino : No doubt! This one's stuck in my head. I love it.
- skaterdave : Isn't this sort of a *girl on horse jumping over rocks photo* moment for CW?
- skaterdave : It's all the "same" until you can't jump down stairs anymore because it hurts too much...
- Actual Fitz : That's what I'm saying, MC! Great comic!
- Jesus Sepulveda's Dear Old Mum : Just say no to specialization and standardization.
- ssk : Wars, drones, global warming, economic turmoil, rioting... and now THIS! Nobody ever listens to Nostradamus! You're ruining it CW! A thousand kids just hung up...
- Rich : Recursive as well.
- Betsy : I saw this great t-shirt at the Van's Pool party contest a couple of weeks ago: "Don't Be a Racist- Skate Everything" During that same weekend,...
- zeno01 : I keep some fabreeze in my car to spray my pads with. Should I write an article for the site?
- SimonWoodstock : gnar.
- Willis KImbel's Dear Old Mum : Willis, I'm so torn between being very impressed and very scared for you. Put on a helmet and call me! Mom
- spurr : Now ,when we say longboarding I assume we are talking about downhill . I could see the correlation between downhill and long term relationships ...
- conahan : Does huffing your pads count?
- wall eyed glue huffer : that makes a alot of sense, i dont personally know u, but viacom life seems annoying as fuck
- wall eyed glue huffer : christian Dior "farenheight" scent gives me a rabid pitbull reaction...
- BoBo : ^ what he said ^ Geeze that's sick
- wall eyed glue huffer : concrete wave is owned by tail tap/buddy carr, in the event u tried to buy something off them they charge ur account and give u...
- Billy Bones : *palm to face*
- kilwag : Redundant!
- MC : holy balls!
- K.C. : I wish it was the same board, it is close though. The Zeke didn't have cut outs and it had a wide square tail. I...
- Michael : Maybe the ones that have a surplus of money. I got rid of all of my old skate magazines(except for Concussion) when I moved to...
- orezona : This just proves that all skateboarders are sluts.
- Godsdj1 : I have the 1sst Megamouth tape in MP3s if you want it. email me and let me know! email@example.com
- SimonWoodstock : Ha! Didn't know Kilwag posted this. There was an impromptu vert wall contest that day and I was trying for backside wheelers but not even...
- Caspa : It's "KIDS". "Damn, you knocked up yo"!
- wes : neat
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business