Check out the Unheard Skate Supply indoor facility (formerly known as SE Indoor thing) that I keep forgetting to post pictures of. Why, it’s a session and a Bacon Skateboards video on Saturday, May 19th at 1913 SE Haig street in Portland. Sponsor Luv.
A phlebotomist is someone who draws blood. Grover is a phlebotomist, but he’s not in the Lifeblood video. He might be thanked in the credits though. Watch the Lifeblood video We Must Bleed after the jump. It’s 33 minutes, so grab your snacks and hold your calls.
I had never heard of this guy Jeff Stevens before, but I dig this video part. I had to do a little bit of investigating to find out where it was from since the (soon to be removed) clip on Youtube doesn’t give any information other than his name. The soundtrack piqued my interest though, and a search for “Jeff Stevens” and “skateboard” turned up a couple videos from the “A Happy Medium” series. The trailer didn’t have any of the same footage, but I also found a video of a fan reaction to Jeff Steven’s part so I gave it watch to see if I could hear the soundtrack. Mystery solved. It’s from the recently released A Happy Medium 2. The fan reaction video is pretty funny in and of itself. All we need now is for some enterprising person without a lot of pressing engagements to put together a splitscreen version that will be easier to watch than this. Watch ‘em all after the jump.
- Thanks to Sarib Khalsa for the tip.
Oh you kids and your mash-ups. Check out this vid from Brett Novak, you know, Skateboarding Visual Effects Artist Extraordinaire? The skating on this is a mix of 70′s freestyle, 80′s streetstyle and well, 90′s freestyle meets modern street skating. Heck, there are even some moments to make Dan Gesmer proud. There will be haters, but you can not deny the creativity and skill. And seriously, I was completely joking about yesterday’s freestyle post. I have nothing against Rodney Mullen, at least he’s not lying about it being impossible to make good skateboards in North America. I respect his talents though. I thought it was funny that the two biggest things my son took away from the Bone Brigade Video whenshow were Lance Mountain (his favorite part is where he rides the tricycle) and the Mullen frestyling. He was pretty fascinated, and kept asking “What is he doing?” Kill your idols and watch the new blood, Kilian Martin after the jump. Doubters? How about a Primo slide off a handful of steps?
- Thanks to Eric Cherry for the tip.
Steven Reeves has a video premiere this Friday at Plan B. I haven’t seen anyhting since Bailgun, but that was 2008 (!) I’m sure he hasn’t been dormant since then, aside from appearing on Calling on Colin. Should be good.
Some novel street action from Nippon. Looks like clips from a longer video. I’m going to draw comparisons to some of the Richie Jackson footage or maybe this other Japanese action. I found this on the blog of the guy Harvest who did those cool sculptures made out of old decks. Anyone care to translate?
I never saw Full Power Trip from 1990. I did have a bootleg copy of Molecules in Motion though. I’d like to see that again. Here’s some Sadlands action with Blender and Jesse. I think that miniramp was Blender’s. Video quality is sketchy. It’s probably bootlegged, but hey, at least someone preserved it.
- rosehip oil : In one study, researchers found that tea tree oil was as effective at treating acne as benzoyl peroxide, and it didn't result in the peeling...
- freezine : When the unconventional host conventions!
- Chris J : I have one in Nottingham UK I'm looking to sell. Its in good condition and i'm planning sell on ebay. I'll stick the link on...
- kilwag : One of my favorites. Didn't see this coming. Modern coping trends and Sizing your death box... love it.
- Craig : Hey. Please have Oldfartsk8r contact me. I want to see if he has a better scan than I do of the Solid Surf flier. Urgent....
- Bevilacqua : cave canem. Is it a BDS ?
- Bevilacqua : hilarious - but I wouldn't recommend it for immature readers.
- David ODK : Found it in Oostduinkerke.
- David ODK : Haha! Thanks for the tip, but it's just grass ...
- MC : Cool diagram, he forgot "photoshop out stray pubic hairs."
- talentlessquitter : "...in an old toy store in Belgium..." WHAT!?! Haha, too bad I didn't score this one. Great looking board.
- spurr : I enjoy kilwags barbecue ,neils beer is always cold and mcs burgers are tasty and free . I thank you for sharing your...
- houseofneil : I agree MC. here's the way I like to look at it. Kilwag has organized a free bbq. MC and I provide some of the...
- SimonWoodstock : Spotters fee $50
- MR. X : Awesome!
- Jake(and annoy) : You Blockhead!
- Grover : SiR you can buY The cake and then return it sir if it is not to your liking sir.Sir I do not BELIEVE YOU ARE...
- francisco : I un-purposefully scrolled down just enough to cut off the top of the F...I read "Champions of racial hair" and quickly scrolled back up to...
- Heath : Just to point out the obvious, the comic is called "Hopeless Old Men On Skateboards." Regardless of opinions of content, the title states the...
- septik kilt : fuck my life
- Bozo Texino : Without critical thinking, there is no art. Without art, there is no critical thinking.
- Fitz : I do recall that. Hilarious and sad, all at once.
- Fitz : Another excellent point. I try to remember not to post it if I won't say it to somebody directly. I may be an exception in...
- talentlessquitter : Hahaha, seriously? Well, in all fairness, you opened the package of a food-item.
- jkp : I could see Ray doing this anyway. Always liked that guy.
- conahan : I think it's internet forums. Why is that? Most people are decent enough in person.
- ShawnF : Damn skip out reading the comments for a day or so and look at what I missed. Too bad someone did not try to...
- Gavin : Keep pre-cast out of everywhere! I have an open invitation to anyone considering building anything but a skatepark built by craftsman who actually skate to...
- houseofneil : so you're the content editor? Who gave you that job? Yes, you could give your opinion, (running the risk of MC just saying "fuck it"...
- Betsy : Extremely interesting article—thanks Randy. I recently went to a session on the possibility of skating in the Olympics. It touched upon the same things that...
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business