A college somewhere in Seattle. Kind of funny that they’d rather bolt on a bunch of chunks of aluminum and spray paint a stencil on this ledge than let someone skate it.
Oregon Live reporting on an annoying law mandating helmets for anyone under the age of 18 who rides a skateboard or a bike (Seriously, how did our population survive until the new millennia?) is bad enough. But the companion bill leaves the choice out of the hands of adults should they choose to enter a contest or participate in a public demo:
Senate Bill 741: Requires person of any age to wear helmet when using bicycle, skateboard, scooter, in-line skates or roller skates when participating in organized exhibition, competition or contest.
It’s not a law yet, but has been introduced to the state senate by Chris Edwards.
- Thanks to Mac for the tip.
Yes, intentionally misspelled. Nova Scotia has draconian skateboard helmet laws affecting riders of all ages. Fines start at $140 and count as traffic violations that auto insurance companies can, and have used to drop coverage for people. Go sign a petition.
2013 started off in the crapper for me. I’m just now emerging from a fog of strep throat that has had me laid up since New Year’s day. Here’s hoping your new year is better than the promise of a slick red curb covered in skate stoppers. Absurd Family Skate photo on Instagram. Hey! Get off my curb man!
These stickers were made a while ago by former BMX pro Taj Mihelich in protest of rules for the sake of rules. These days, when he’s not undermining the will of society’s gratuitous sign makers, he’s bringing you the skaterack, among other things. Larger after the jump, but you should check out the anecdote about the origin of these stickers over at Taj’s blog on Transworld.
L.A. is going to ban bombing hills after two recent deaths. This is also bad news for Portland skaters fighting a similar ban in the Zoo Bomb neighborhood, although the ban isn’t an outright skateboard ban. They just want skateboarders to observe the traffic laws like stop signs and speed limits. Really, you can’t blame them for that. Portland’s coalition is asking for the same thing in lieu of an outright ban. The end result is that it will still be illegal to have a speed run downhill. Skateboarders aren’t usually prone to following rules and regulations regarding our useless wooden toys. Serious hill bombing will still happen, but maybe it will keep some of the yahoos away.
[Source: "Los Angeles City Council bans skateboard 'bombing' after San Pedro deaths" - via the Daily Breeze.]
Longboard Larry, an established and respected craftsman of custom handmade longboards in Oregon, was robbed recently. He’s offering a store credit as a reward if anyone can help with information to track down the booty or perp.
- Thanks to Matthijs for the tip. The theft happened about an hour away from my house, but I found out from a guy that lives in the Netherlands.
It doesn’t quite have the same ring to it as John Henry, but the song that was the Peach Orchard met it’s demise courtesy of the Norfolk Southern railway, the property owners. It was railway adjacent, and essentially nothing to them, but they tore it down because the lawyers said they should. Nola.com has the scoop. What did the New Orleans locals get for their trouble? Some leftover ramps from a Red Bull demo and a D.I.Y. hangover. Faster than you can say “hair of the dog,” a new spot is born. Pleasureside is it’s name, and unless I’m mistaken, it’s essentially right next door to the old spot. Even John Henry’s balls weren’t that big!
- Thanks to Joey O’Mahoney for the tip.
- kilwag : That's a fingerboard!
- brad : This only doesn't make sense if you are a little kid. Skate and annoy.
- houseofneil : I guess no licensing allowed from PP…
- Eric : Here's a new one that I don't think has been covered. Jinx Link
- Concretin Nik : And his grammy looks like an elderly man in drag.
- Jerry : Looks like it's a hefty $129 :/ Link
- andre : Burton shirt... haha
- NWForty : NICE.
- cold ones : CRAMBONE
- despartelyseekingloosin : who is doin the Coos Bay addition?
- kevin : and it came out pretty smooth with very little imperfections . we just used mag trowels then a finishing trowel with a sprinkle of water. i am...
- Red : they are saving you from yourself.
- swelbow : Haha ya. someone should sue the crap out of them because they broke their left cheek trying to sit on a bench with a spike...
- Bevilacqua : Another casus belli coming from perfid Albion ? We shall reject this ridiculous provocation with disdain... pff !
- kevin : i want it . kermy goes skating
- kevin : here is the same story , the rain never lets up it has been rainning 5 days out of seven. i will send randy the...
- zeno01 : Oooof dah!
- Animal Testicles : ...cuz he COULDN'T go courtin', cuz he dunt have a unit.
- wes : i am so into Golden Showers!
- conahan : Carlsbad mogul field!
- backyardskatepark : awesome, thanks Kevin, lets see a finished pic of it...started to pour it today & got rained off, need to call it in the next...
- colin : This is awesome!
- Billy Bones : If you can find one in Portland I think you'd win the Skavenger Hunt.
- Jake(and annoy) : That is because it is priceless.
- spurr : I know what kilwag's getting for fathers day!
- backyardskatepark : Cheers guys, ampt on pouring it tomorrow, funnily enough i had a former schmitt stix/the new deal pro vert rider randomly turn up to check...
- K.C. : Brad Dorfman from Vision picked up a ton of these ridiculous, cheap ass Chinese completes aka (Dog Cheese) for under $5 a board back in...
- corvette cancer : Hot Flat work!!! I don't get it, did a california skate park crew come up with this? Ouch! Evergreen nice try. I'm going south to...
- corvette cancer : Man, that makes me want to put, that one Hosoi deck together I have in a box somewhere.
- kevin : great pic , and what a nice guy . i had the honour of skating with him at lances pool. epic time
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business