This edition of drive by cellphone shots, these aren’t tank traps on the Maginot Line, rather light fixtures and car barriers at a high school in Redmond, Washington.
This is no dam relic. This spot somewhere in Canada has been sessioned for 30+ years and is allegedly still a go. I found this picture while trolling Facebook, and the owner coincidentally happened to be a reader.
- Thanks to MIlo for the pic.
Design Boom has pictures of a sports complex in Podcetrtek, Slovenia. Even if it didn’t have some great looking banks on the outside, it’s worth checking out for it’s non-skateable architecture. Why is so much architecture in the U.S. so boring?
- Thanks to Urban Kravos for the tip
Here’s a recently constructed house by the architecture firm A-cero out of Madrid. It’s got some nice transitions but the concrete looks a little rough in sections. Still, I’ve seen worse skateparks… That’s a crazy tight miniramp with an extra helping of vert surrounding the front door. More pictures on Freshhome. Bonus shot of another skateable house after the jump
- Thanks to Urban Kravos for the tip.
Spanish songs in Andalucia, sing of tight transitions in expensive private residential housing developments, designed by A-cero. Spanish bombs, yo te quiero infinito. Sotogrande!
More skateable architecture. A little bumpy perhaps, but who’s complaining? Good thing I had ths one in the can because I’m calling in sick to S&A today. Enjoy the Henderson Waves bridge if you are in Singapore. They are lenient on gum chewing, so I’m sure this spot is not a bust. Not a Singapore local? Head on over to Designboom.
- Thanks to Alex Shults for the tip, via Sleestak.
I’ve been contemplating some designs for skate spots in my head lately. One idea that I’ve had for a while consists of parallel tracks of wave like bumps varying in frequency and staggered side by side. Watching this video was both disappointing (because it’s kind of been done) and validating at the same time. It looks pretty great for found terrain, but if it was built for skating I’d lie to see the tracks staggered and directly adjacent. I have to applaud the length of these things though, they certainly didn’t skimp on the concrete.
- Thanks to our resident secret bike spy in the house, Mike Estes.
Update: Added some actual skate footage too.
- Grover : NAH GROVER
- Grover : Very lame park. Bad flow and all around shit park. Evergreen ya blew it with this one. My opinion, my spew, suck it shit holes
- Jerry Dammers : I won't comment, on a site like this. All the girls on Friday T&A are sluts, and Neil's beer tastes just like piss.
- Peter Parker : Paralyze this: How are the lil bastards ever gonna get it sorted if they're being taught that a "U" shaped ramp is a half-pipe...
- freezine : When the unconventional host conventions!
- Chris J : I have one in Nottingham UK I'm looking to sell. Its in good condition and i'm planning sell on ebay. I'll stick the link on...
- kilwag : One of my favorites. Didn't see this coming. Modern coping trends and Sizing your death box... love it.
- Craig : Hey. Please have Oldfartsk8r contact me. I want to see if he has a better scan than I do of the Solid Surf flier. Urgent....
- Bevilacqua : cave canem. Is it a BDS ?
- Bevilacqua : hilarious - but I wouldn't recommend it for immature readers.
- David ODK : Found it in Oostduinkerke.
- David ODK : Haha! Thanks for the tip, but it's just grass ...
- MC : Cool diagram, he forgot "photoshop out stray pubic hairs."
- talentlessquitter : "...in an old toy store in Belgium..." WHAT!?! Haha, too bad I didn't score this one. Great looking board.
- spurr : I enjoy kilwags barbecue ,neils beer is always cold and mcs burgers are tasty and free . I thank you for sharing your...
- houseofneil : I agree MC. here's the way I like to look at it. Kilwag has organized a free bbq. MC and I provide some of the...
- SimonWoodstock : Spotters fee $50
- MR. X : Awesome!
- Jake(and annoy) : You Blockhead!
- Grover : SiR you can buY The cake and then return it sir if it is not to your liking sir.Sir I do not BELIEVE YOU ARE...
- francisco : I un-purposefully scrolled down just enough to cut off the top of the F...I read "Champions of racial hair" and quickly scrolled back up to...
- Heath : Just to point out the obvious, the comic is called "Hopeless Old Men On Skateboards." Regardless of opinions of content, the title states the...
- septik kilt : fuck my life
- Bozo Texino : Without critical thinking, there is no art. Without art, there is no critical thinking.
- Fitz : I do recall that. Hilarious and sad, all at once.
- Fitz : Another excellent point. I try to remember not to post it if I won't say it to somebody directly. I may be an exception in...
- talentlessquitter : Hahaha, seriously? Well, in all fairness, you opened the package of a food-item.
- jkp : I could see Ray doing this anyway. Always liked that guy.
- conahan : I think it's internet forums. Why is that? Most people are decent enough in person.
- ShawnF : Damn skip out reading the comments for a day or so and look at what I missed. Too bad someone did not try to...
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business