Tony Hawk and Eric Koston had brief cameos hamming it up on the Aquabats Super Show season 2 premier. Gotta love the Aquabats. The show is a fun one. Like a low budget cross between the Monkeys and Ultraman.
Our normally reliable web host had a few issues while switching us over to new hardware yesterday, and as a result, S&A was unvailable for about 12 hours today. As I’m writing this we’re still experiencing sporadic difficulties and outages. Kind of reminds me of the reason we switched web hosts in the first place, about 4 years ago. Check out some vintage GVK tech satire after the jump, and stick with us, they should have everything shorted out shortly.
These pics are from the “Catch ‘n Air” ride operated by Thomas Amusements in Newfoundland, Canada. I’d link to their site, but Google says it’s infected with malware at the time of this writing
- Thanks to Plankskate for the tip and photo.
As reported in The Onion.
“Since 2001, recreational skateboarders have tried to perform 8.4 billion tricks and have successfully executed zero of them,” said social anthropologist and the report’s lead author Richard Burbridge, who confirmed that the overwhelming majority of failed attempts occurred after one of the riders remarked to another, “Hey, check this out.” “As it turns out, not a single amateur has landed anything since July of 2001, when a then 14-year-old boy by the name of Derek Wilcox carried out a basic ollie on an outdoor tennis court in Pasadena. And even then he didn’t get much height.”
- Thanks to KC for the tip.
UPDATE: This just in… Angelina Jolie Stuns In First Rollerblading Competition Since Double Mastectomy. Also via The Onion.
Steve Caballero and his wife own a little boutique in Campbell, CA. Thieves stole a bunch of signed boards from it Friday night.
Tonight around 11pm at least two people broke into the store and stole about 14 signed Powell decks. If you see or hear anything please contact me @firstname.lastname@example.org. They knew exactly what they wanted. The cops got some good fingerprints and found one deck stashed across the street under some leaves. #karmaisabitch
Ebay buyers be aware.
…and other assorted crap.
Man fights off a cougar (not Courtney Cox ) with a skateboard in Canada – See here.
Low-tech version of high-tech motion capture provides instant feedback for learning skateboard tricks (Here’s some feedback… Weak!)- See here.
Skateboard clipart and stock photography wallpaper for your Droid phone – See here.
Bad clipart from the Texas State Library – See here
Iphone case material tested on a skateboard for some reason – See here.
French guy who looks like a Russian gangster riding a Vespa scooter in a skatepark – See here.
- Thanks to… You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!
In this edition of counterfeits we have a fake Brand-X deck. The original team deck from 1986 was designed by silkscreen-artist Bernie Tostenson. In the late seventies and early eighties Bernie was working for Sims where he created the famous ‘Winged logo’ and Brad Bowman’s ‘Superman logo’. In 1984 he and Bud (a photographer and salesman) started Brand-X. They ran the underground company for about 5 years illegally from Bernie’s garage, where Bernie did all those crazy silkscreens. He said these were the happiest years of his life and they had fun, while the big companies destroyed the soul of skateboarding. In 1988 Brand-X made a partnership with one of their distributors and did well for about one year, but the story goes that the new partner stole the Brand-X name, fired the whole crew and amateur team, hired cheap artists and screeners and let the company die in only a few months. Bernie still designed for Flip in the nineties. He died in 2009. For sale at 2dehands.be.
[Sources: Disposable 1 and 2 by Sean Cliver]
It’s September of 1967. You’re a horny adolescent boy and the Playtex Bra adverts aren’t due out in the paper for a couple of days. What are you going to do? Why, buy a copy of Henry’s Mod Teen Adventures of course! It’s jam packed with lots of quickly drawn buxom girls in short skirts bending over, falling down, and getting tangled up at the slightest provocation. SAT question and answer: Henry’s Mod is to the Rolling Stones as Archie is to the Beatles. The insides are not nearly as sophisticated as the cover. Interesting that “MOD” looks an awful lot like “MAD” as far as typography. There’s a guy on a sailboard on the cover, but that’s the only skateboard you’ll see in this mod, mod world. I unknowingly bought this from Scott Starr. The first thing I did after receiving it was accidentally get the scotch tape from the protective bag stuck on the comic while taking it out. Full goobered up cover after the jump.
- kilwag : That's a fingerboard!
- brad : This only doesn't make sense if you are a little kid. Skate and annoy.
- houseofneil : I guess no licensing allowed from PP…
- Eric : Here's a new one that I don't think has been covered. Jinx Link
- Concretin Nik : And his grammy looks like an elderly man in drag.
- Jerry : Looks like it's a hefty $129 :/ Link
- andre : Burton shirt... haha
- NWForty : NICE.
- cold ones : CRAMBONE
- despartelyseekingloosin : who is doin the Coos Bay addition?
- kevin : and it came out pretty smooth with very little imperfections . we just used mag trowels then a finishing trowel with a sprinkle of water. i am...
- Red : they are saving you from yourself.
- swelbow : Haha ya. someone should sue the crap out of them because they broke their left cheek trying to sit on a bench with a spike...
- Bevilacqua : Another casus belli coming from perfid Albion ? We shall reject this ridiculous provocation with disdain... pff !
- kevin : i want it . kermy goes skating
- kevin : here is the same story , the rain never lets up it has been rainning 5 days out of seven. i will send randy the...
- zeno01 : Oooof dah!
- Animal Testicles : ...cuz he COULDN'T go courtin', cuz he dunt have a unit.
- wes : i am so into Golden Showers!
- conahan : Carlsbad mogul field!
- backyardskatepark : awesome, thanks Kevin, lets see a finished pic of it...started to pour it today & got rained off, need to call it in the next...
- colin : This is awesome!
- Billy Bones : If you can find one in Portland I think you'd win the Skavenger Hunt.
- Jake(and annoy) : That is because it is priceless.
- spurr : I know what kilwag's getting for fathers day!
- backyardskatepark : Cheers guys, ampt on pouring it tomorrow, funnily enough i had a former schmitt stix/the new deal pro vert rider randomly turn up to check...
- K.C. : Brad Dorfman from Vision picked up a ton of these ridiculous, cheap ass Chinese completes aka (Dog Cheese) for under $5 a board back in...
- corvette cancer : Hot Flat work!!! I don't get it, did a california skate park crew come up with this? Ouch! Evergreen nice try. I'm going south to...
- corvette cancer : Man, that makes me want to put, that one Hosoi deck together I have in a box somewhere.
- kevin : great pic , and what a nice guy . i had the honour of skating with him at lances pool. epic time
Categories and Archives
Fancy Tag Cloud
Search and Annoy
Does not search features or galleries... yet.
I'm coding on a live site! Wheee! Please ignore any nonsense for the time being
This is none of your business